ROMANTIC RAVIOLI❣️How perfect is this for Valentine’s Day? Beetroot ravioli with cashew cream filling by @vegaliciously
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings)
2 cups (240g) flour
1/2 lb (200g) fresh beetroot (~2-3 small beets)
1/2 cup (100ml) water
1 tsp salt
300g cashew nuts (soaked for 4 hours)
1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
a splash of water
salt and pepper
1. Steam the beetroot for 20 minutes. let cool down completely.
2. place the beetroot in a food processor and process until creamy. Add in flour, salt and (little by little) water and process until the dough sticks together.
3. Cover the dough and let rest for 30 minutes.
4. for the filling, place cashew nuts, nutritional yeast, water and salt and pepper in a food-processor and process until perfectly creamy. cover and set aside.
5. Roll out the dough until it’s about 2-3 Millimeters thick.
6. Press a glass into the ravioli sheet and set the ravioli circles over a floured surface.
7. Each raviolo is made of 2 circles; put 1 tsp full of cashew cream in the middle of a circle, moisten the edges of the dough with a pastry brush and cover with another circle.
8. Press the edges with a fork so that it wont open while boiling.
9. Boil for 5 minutes and serve with a dash of olive oil and some cheeze.
#veganrecipes #veganfood #veganpasta #ravioli #beets #valentinesday #vday #valentines2019