Young men are being attacked and #killed
by the government security forces.
Basra young men #protest
against the government #corruption
and specifically for the saulty and #polluted
tab water that the #city
is having within a couple of weeks ago. #Unarmed
protesters started a series of #nonviolent
protesting in front of the government sector establishments. They have even used fire works as a #message
of a #peaceful
attempt adopted in reaching their demands. However, security forces, who were sent by the government, started opening fire at protesters and used #lachrymator
(tear gas) against them. Within the past two days, almost 6 to 10 (number is not yet accurate) young men were killed by the security forces. The protesters have crashed in the governorate building and set it on fire. They have also closed the #port
and one of the #oil
, as an attempt to track the government attention who has been silent through all of this, even after the killings of these young men!
Images: (warning: last image shows bloody content)
1. Young protesters
2. Four of the young men who were killed within the last two days. On the top right, Maki Ashor, this photo of him was taken few days ago when he was protesting with a message in his hands: “our #white
peaceful protest will win against your lies, oppression, and your crimes”!
3. A protester under tear gas attack.
4. Women helping out men after being attacked with #tear_gas
5. Fire works which were used by protesters before as a symbol of a peaceful unarmed protest.
6. A #protester
helping out a security officer after been affected by tear gas! (Washing face by #Pepsi
7. Basra governorate building under #fire
8. A protester who was killed few hours ago..
We need support from global organizations to push on the Iraqi government to stop the killings of these people whose only crime was to ask for a better services for their city!
#globalawareness #help #globalnews #unitednations #un @humanrightswatch