Thai Yellow curry based noodle soup 🍜- This luscious soup is loaded with fresh veggies and gluten free rice noodles, you can also add in chicken or seafood, if you wish.
I am making this for the very first time and i still can’t believe I didn’t refer any recipe for this, I just went around adding flavours that I wanted😅😅😅. Best results guaranteed if you serve the next day, since it gives time for all ingredients to absorb all the delicious flavours.
1. Yellow curry paste
2. 1 can of coconut milk
3. 1 Thai red chilly
4. 1/3 of red, orange and green bell peppers
5. 1/2 pack of cottage cheese, thinly sliced( you can use tofu instead)
6. 5-6 baby bokchoys, washed, dried and split in half.
1.5 cups of cooked rice noodles
7. 1 clove of garlic minced
8. Small piece of Thai ginger or normal ginger minced
9. Chilly flakes
10. Half a lemon’s juice
11. 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
12. Olive oil
1. In a medium saucepan, combine 4 tbsp of yellow curry paste and a full can of coconut milk, whisk this together till no lumps are left, place this on low heat and bring to a slow boil. In a bowl, add boiled water to the rice noodles and let it sit till fully cooked. Drain and keep aside.
2. While the coconut milk boils, stir fry the chilly, bell pepper and cottage cheese in one pan, till they are sautéd nicely. Add in minced ginger and garlic.
3. In a separate pan, grill the bokchoy with pepper and chilly flakes ( I like to give bokchoy a nice charred and crispy texture)
4. Add all the sautéed veggies and cooked rice noodles into the coconut milk mixture, let it simmer for 10-15 mins.
5. Adjust salt to taste( the Thai yellow paste is usually well seasoned so don’t go overboard with the salt).
6. Finish off with lemon juice and chopped cilantro.
We ate leftovers the next day for lunch and to be honest, it tasted incredible the next day😍😍😍. #thaifood #curry #thai #yellowcurry #ricenoodles #bokchoy #bellpeppers #coconutmilk #aroyd #yummy #soup #noodlesoup #soupynoodles #soupy #cooking #cookingathome #stayhome #toronto