Some more cuteness from Kenya.
This time baby orphan elephants from David Sheldrick orphanage.
Here they are coming back from their afternoon walk.
I remember how much I was impressed with all the work this organization was doing. Each baby elephant had a full time caretaker attached to him who they absolutely adored. You could see it in their body language, they would constantly touch them with their trunks, ask for a rub and stay close when it got a bit too nosy. You could feel the love.
Did you know that:
• Elephants are very emotional – they cry when they are upset and squeak and trumpet when they are happy
• Elephants are the only animals, other than chimpanzees and magpies, to have funerals for their dead.
• Elephants have very good memories
• Elephants are scared of dogs
• Elephants are so clever they even play jokes on humans