This shared post was written specifically for Kickboxing but applies to clubs and commitments parents make for their children from dancing to martial arts.
WRITTEN BY THE PARENT OF A KICKBOXER:
One of my friends asked "Why do you pay so much money and spend so much time running around for your child to do kickboxing ?" Well I have a confession to make: I don't pay for my child's kickboxing lessons. Or their boxing gloves and pads.
So, if I am not paying for kickboxing , what am I paying for?
- I pay for those moments when they become so tired they feel like quitting but don’t.
- I pay for the opportunity that they can have and will have to make life-long friendships. .
- I pay for the chance that they may have amazing instructors that will teach them that kick boxing is not about beating people up but about life.
- I pay for my child to learn to be disciplined. .
- I pay for them to learn to take care of their body. .
- I pay for my child to learn to work with others and to be a proud, supportive, kind and respectful team member.
- I pay for my child to learn to deal with disappointment, when they don’t get that score they hoped for or fell during a move they’d practised a thousand times, but still gets up and is determined to do their BEST next time...
- I pay for them to learn to make and accomplish goals. .
- I pay for my child to learn that it takes hours and hours and hours and hours of hard work and practice to create a champion, and that success does not happen overnight. .
- I pay so that my child can be in the gym instead of in front of a screen...
I could go on but, to be short, I don't pay for kickboxing; I pay for the opportunities that kickboxing provides my child to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their life and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen for many, many years, I think it is a great investment!
#money #sports #clubs #testimonial #wellworthit #karate #kickboxing #martialarts #crawley #dojolife #karatekids #inspiration #crawley #familyfitness #martialartslife #martialsartsfamily #martialartslifestyle #karatelife #champion #antibullying #westsussex