🚨for the #BrandNew @nas
project “The Lost Tapes 2”. A compilation of unreleased music from different recording sessions from past albums such as #HipHopIsDead
, Untitled, #LifeIsGood
. A sequel to 2002’s “The Lost Tapes”.
1) “No Bad Energy” - Prod. By @araabmuzik
. An angelic, heavenly beat cooked up circa 2016 “in one week in #LA”
. A track about removing negativey while calling out rappers fake raps.
2) “Vernon Family” - Prod. By @pharrell
from the 2012 recording sessions - touching on his divorce from @kelis
. Fast paced, hungry & aggressive lyrics over a light & bouncy beat. A track shouting out his neighborhood.
3) “Jarreau of Rap (Skat Attack)” - A jazzy track to make your head spin 🤯. A triumphant, unorthodox & staccato (short/fast/choppy) flow & instrumental. Unlike anything I’ve ever heard. Feat. #AlJarreau
4) “Lost Freestyle” - Prod. By @statikselekt
. A 🎹 laden track w/ drums throughout. No chorus. Straight bars. A boastful track about his wealth, lifestyle & legend.
5) “Tanasia” - Prod. By @rza
. A mean😤, spooky beat. Mentions of Africa, Asia & Western Civilization. Also an ode to an unnamed love interest.
6) “Royalty” - Prod. By @hitboy
. Writing credits from #FrankOcean
. A track about maturing & escaping restrictive relationships.
7) “Who Are You” - Recorded circa 2008. Interestingly released on a @ronartest3
mixtape after the @lakers
won the #NBA
🏆 in 2010. A beautiful, laid back song detailing lavish lifestyles while questioning the haters. “Who are you, trynna tell me who I am?” #Nas
mentions tons of Black legends & activists from #MuhammadAli
8) “Adult Film” - Prod. By #SwizzBeatz
, also on the chorus chanting “Life begins right now”. A piano driven, upbeat track.
9) “War Against Love” - Prod. By DJ Dahi of #TDE
x DJ Khalil. Nas seeks to bring love back into the social consciousness & society. “The war is against love ❤️, we under attack.” Shout outs to major cities & countries.
10) “The Art Of It” - Prod. By #PeteRock
circa 2009. Interpolating the classic “La La La” by the #Fugees
on the chorus. An upbeat, lyrical attack that will have you nodding your head.